Monday, April 8, 2019

Week 10, Post B - Blog Categories

To better organize my blog, I have to ask why would someone possibly stop by and what would they hope to find.

With Go With Your Gut as my main topic I should have the following:
Podcasts
Since that is what I do most often, it makes sense to have informative blog posts with audio, a graphic, and text.
Relevance
Keeping my blog fresh and up-to-date.
Examples/Stories
I believe people love stories, I love to read stories. Teaching my decision-making system is aided by hearing examples of what I mean and that we're all more similar than we are different and we can learn from one another to make the best decisions for ourselves.

Podcast and YouTube Videos
For Catholicism is Cool, I have a new game plan. I'm a Lector at my Parish and for years people have told me to do something online. I'm creating a video series Monday through Saturday with the Daily Mass readings. I'm using YouTube as the first platform and then repurposing to my FaceBook group and my website and since FaceBook owns Instagram I'll link them. To find another group of listeners, I'm stripping the audio and posting it on the Anchor.fm app that was recently purchased by Spotify. I have about 400 listens to content on their now and they offer an advertising model.

I know it takes time to develop an audience and with the four platforms I'm using it will be interesting to see which one gains the most traction.

I've commented on the following classmate blogs:

Realize Your Fit

Francesca Haman

Michelle Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Post A - Final

As I mentioned several times throughout the semester, I am a reluctant social media person. When I started my radio show in 2002 at a tradit...