Sunday, April 14, 2019

Week 11: Post A - Newsletter Frequency

When I send a newsletter to my lists, I have decided it is a good idea to let them know who I am and the various ways my business operates. The majority of my list is from my vacation rental inquiries and guests. When I send a newsletter I receive approximately a 50% open rate and I attribute that to the fact they have all either spoken with me or experienced my rental. Also, I sell vacations. I put in the newsletters a bit about the local real estate market, a podcast of mine, and something that is happening in Encinitas that might be interesting to them. So far, with each newsletter, I get a booking and someone responds just to say hi, which I consider a success.

I am on a variety of newsletter lists and I most often see a story that leads to a sale. Once, the majority of their content has been dispensed it seems to be regurgitated with another call to action.
I find that I like to scrub my emails to delete the ones that just want to focus on shallow content and expensive calls to action.

There are newsletters I receive that do offer tips and solid information and if they have a huge list they may slip in advertising that makes their newsletter cumbersome.


2 comments:

  1. I think that is a great idea to put what is going on locally. I know I would really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's a good idea that you let them know who you are, to be able to build that relationship

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 - Post A - Final

As I mentioned several times throughout the semester, I am a reluctant social media person. When I started my radio show in 2002 at a tradit...