Sunday, May 19, 2019

Week 15 - Post A - Google Analytics

When I have tracked my Google Analytics, I wanted to see how many people would visit my site, how often, and most importantly how long they stayed on my site. For my school blog there isn't much information but, for my personal blog and my past business blog, understanding the users who visited was important to me to see if I was providing useful content. I would also dive into the demographics of those to find out their interests and if there was something we could add to the content to fill a need.

I was also interested in how often they returned to the site. If I posted a blog post and a podcast, it was important to know if they found it through the newsletter links. After a while, I would see which topics were more popular than others and if a guest had promoted their segment.

The most interesting for me is the session duration. Perhaps, it's my ego, however, if someone clicked on a podcast and only listened for a minute or so that would help us shape our content. The most helpful of course is if they listened for longer periods we felt we were on the right track and could convert them into more engaging visitors and purchasers of our products.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great how much time you put into researching your feedback. The fact that you see what received the most views, listens, or visits really shows how serious you take your social media pages and blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 - Post A - Final

As I mentioned several times throughout the semester, I am a reluctant social media person. When I started my radio show in 2002 at a tradit...