Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Week 12 - Post 1 - Integrating Online Marketing Tools

Since I have three separate businesses, I utilize a variety of tools that best suits them. I have been the reluctant social media participant but, these assignments have helped me gauge which social media options I feel most comfortable using. A friend of mine teaches a streaming academy and always advises that one figure out "where they want to play and with whom". His version of which social media sites resonate with you and is that where your tribe can be found.

For real estate sales, I use my website and Facebook, though not enough. I use my Mailchimp list to promote real estate and my vacation rental properties. I utilize LinkedIn for my profile of what I do and my background but I don't engage with anyone or write articles. I have a presence on Twitter as well and I'm finding that I like it. I am not originating many posts, just replying or retweeting posts.

With that said, I'm going to take another look at my profile on LinkedIn and choose what I want to be known for. Difficult wearing three hats and standing out. I find people get to know me in one category and then find I have two more that are interesting so there is a crossover. The crossover happens when I'm working with buyers or seller's of property and they google me and see that I have vacation rental properties and vice versa. I have sold homes to my guests which is great! They also see that I've been in media and am an author. So I just realized my website, though fairly static, and my MailChimp database and newsletter are my greatest tools and have kept me going. But, I am still going to integrate a more consistent use of Twitter and LinkedIn moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 - Post A - Final

As I mentioned several times throughout the semester, I am a reluctant social media person. When I started my radio show in 2002 at a tradit...